Lead Technical Product Manager
March 2021 – Present
- Solo product manager in an impact focused consultancy. Collaborates with mission driven organizations to build impactful products.
- Leads multiple development teams simultaneously to create data visualization tools, a digital workshop platform, and several public facing websites.
- Manages all engineering resources and assignments.
- Responsible for all technical and product related business development and scoping.
May 2019 – March 2021
Collaborate with a diverse set of clients and businesses across media, education, ecommerce, and SAAS industries. Led products and features from the initial estimate through design, development, launch, and post-launch support.
- Coordinate and connect design, engineering, and business needs into development-ready feature sets
- Plan and execute feature and regression testing
- Execute accessibility audits to provide documentation and remediation plans for clients
- Create roadmaps and project plans for on-time delivery of products and features
- Test, implement, and troubleshoot user analytics tools and dashboards
- Turn complex product ideas into understandable user flows, wireframes, and specifications
- Lead agile ceremonies and processes
New York University IT
Feb 2017 – May 2019
I started at NYU in a product management and support role for NYU Web Publishing, an instance of WordPress multisite designed to meet the website creation and CMS needs of the NYU community. My portfolio also includes two vendor managed platforms and supporting related projects.
- Design, test, and manage development of new features and improvements
- Coordinate ongoing platform maintenance and release schedules with local and remote teams
- Analyze and report on complex product metrics
- Translate quantitative and qualitative feedback into features
- Consult with end users and project teams on effective site design and CMS usage
- Provide technical and service support for global client base
- Implement WCAG 2.0 AA Accessibility standards across WordPress multisite
- Partner with engineers, designers, and clients across teams, departments, and schools
- Implemented agile (Kanban) project management to increase effectiveness and organization of student team
Digital Learning Assistant
NYU Gallatin School of Independent Studies
March 2016 – December 2016
As a graduate student studying educational technology, I worked as an assistant to the amazing instructional technologists at NYU Gallatin. My work focused on helping faculty select and implement the right technology for their courses.
My responsibilities included:
- Technology consultations with faculty and students.
- Researching and testing tools for teaching with technology
- Designing and building faculty and administrative sites with WordPress.
- Creating tutorials and documentation.
Digital Analytics Intern
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
September 2016 – December 2016
I worked for a semester in The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Digital Department focusing on digital analytics and product metrics for MetKids, online experiences and content for kids age 7-12 to connect with The Met.
- Analyzed and reported insights from digital channels, including SoundCloud and YouTube
- Designed and prototyped MetKids metrics dashboard.
Engagement Intern (Visitor Experience)
American Museum of Natural History
January 2016 – May 2016
I created assessment tools and performed user testing with museum visitors to improve the user experience and educational efficacy of museum programming in the Hall of Northwest Coast Indians.
- Created tools and procedures for live testing and data collection with museum visitors
- Developed and presented recommendations based on results
- Documented best practices for programming department and museum volunteers
I taught English in Japan to high school students for one year before moving to Osaka and teaching in kindergartens for a second year. During this time I got much better at Japanese (JLPT N1) and gained an appreciation for design and iteration in the classroom, which led me to my MA at NYU.
MA Digital Media Design for Learning
I completed an MA focused on user-centered UX and product design for education and educational technology.
BA History and East Asian Language
University of British Columbia
I learned to research and write well in both English and Japanese.